How to protect an apartment
Tips that may be useful to avoid breaking into your apartment:
• Do not notify anyone about the upcoming departure, except for those whom you certainly trust.
• Do not leave valuables at home; put them in a safe or in a safe deposit box in a bank.
• Put the apartment on the remote non-departmental guard. In the event of a break-in, the police will be held liable for damage caused to you.
• If you do not trust the police, you can insure yourself against apartment theft.
• Make friends with neighbors who, knowing your habits, may suspect something was wrong and intervene in the event of a strange movement or noise in the apartment in your absence.
• Leave your neighbors the key to the mailbox and ask them to regularly take out advertising newspapers, receipts. A crowded box is a signal for apartment thieves: the owners have not been at home for a long time!
• Install video surveillance in the apartment or a sound detector that not only receives the reflected signal, but also sends it. Typically, windows are equipped with acoustic sensors.
• Leave the light on, hang laundry to dry on the balcony, do not turn off the radio.
• If you plan to change windows, specify when ordering whether it is possible to equip them with special anti-burglar fittings - special locking elements. It can be a replacement for grilles.
• Remember, the door must open outwards. It is desirable that the door frame was massive, made of rolled steel. The best filler of the door is a wooden beam. Locks must be protected by carbide inserts.