We open the summer season. Some tips you need
Each time we want to believe that it is in this season that we will finally realize all our plans and turn our land into a beautiful dream garden. Then it was time to start by adding a few new ideas to the traditional spring chores.
How to tidy the plot
- When clearing a site of debris, attention should be paid to the territory adjacent to it. A neat, well-kept garden begins in front of the gate.
- Remove all winter shelters from conifers and ornamental plants that you made in the fall. Also open the plantings of raspberries, garlic and strawberries and remove the protective strands from the fruit trees. If you have sheltered a decorative pond for the winter, it is time to open it too.
- Pay special attention to the lawn: comb it with a fan rake from the “felt” - overwintered grass, which will now interfere with its restoration.
- Put in order flower beds: cut those perennials that did not have time to cut in the fall. Be sure to loosen the ground - the roots will receive the oxygen they need, and the appearance of the flower garden will be well-groomed.
- Mark the tracks: those made of hard coatings, rinse additionally with water from the hose.
- Take out garden furniture and arrange trellises for plants.
- Spend the first dressing of the garden, inspect tree trunks and clean them from lichens, it is better to do this with a stiff brush in wet weather. Be sure to dig and open the tree trunks to clean the garden.
- Prepare greenhouses: if you have a stationary greenhouse, thoroughly loosen the ground in it, add the necessary fertilizers. Spill the ground in the greenhouse with hot water to “warm up” it. At the beginning of the month, you can sow radishes, lettuce, dill and onions on the greens.
- Everything is new
- In the new season in the country, I want to first of all rest, and not to carry out garden "repair". However, there are simple tricks that will allow you to update the garden quickly and with pleasure.
We open the summer season
DECORATE THE GARDEN WITH NEW PLANTS
Get something new as a gift to your garden. Plant new conifers, ornamental shrubs and flowers. Every year more and more interesting plants appear on sale.
ADD GARDEN WITH WATER ELEMENTS
How to put a summer cottage in order? Just one small water element will instantly transform your garden. For this, sometimes a tiny film pond, or a mini-reservoir based on the finished plastic form, is enough. Instead of a pond, you can also arrange a mini-fountain. It matters not how big the pond is, but how its coastline is framed, so you can show a little imagination and instead of real water make a “dry” pond or stream of flowers, pebbles, glass pebbles or colored gravel.
BUILD A STONE COMPOSITION
Agree, it is not always wise to erect retaining walls on the site. But the relief in the design of the garden is very important! How to be? It is successfully simulated by stones of various sizes laid in compositions. Natural stone is always beautiful, elegant and very natural. You can arrange a small alpine slide or rockery in the garden, or you can free stony compositions of stones, plants and other elements, made to your taste.
PLAN A NEW FLOWER IN THE GARDEN
Plant more flowers! Yes, not just like that, but with an idea, with a twist: maybe it will be an author’s composition of flowers, a flowerbed of an unusual shape or appearance, or maybe you use interesting, not "like everyone else's" materials to frame the flowerbed.
DECORATE GARDEN BY COPYRIGHT MINIATURE
A garden miniature is usually a small composition of plants and various accessories, which is a kind of image or plot scene. In this case, it is you who is the author of the miniature plot, so think about what topic it will be on. Accessories for a miniature can be any: colored gravel, old driftwood or wood saw cuts, ceramic tiles or some pieces of furniture.
EXPAND STYLISH PLAN CONTAINERS
These new plant containers can be called mobile flower beds. They also decorate the garden. But you can decorate them yourself. Decorate them in any way, in any style - and the author’s thing appears on your site: paint them, decorate them with decoupage, shells, beautiful ropes, glue with pebbles, cover with textured plaster or age.
Instead of containers, you can also use unexpected objects, adding to the garden of originality and imagination: an old big iron, a barrel and even a rubber boot. Try to make at least one original, not too small container, and you will help the garden look new.
GET NEW GARDEN ACCESSORIES
More vivid details - more sense of novelty. One or two interesting garden figures suitable for your site will give it style and delight. When you look at them, your mood will immediately improve. On sale a huge selection of figures and accessories, come across real works of art, but do not buy the first one and do not overdo it with the quantity! By the way, many figures and accessories can be made with your own hands. Nobody will have such a thing!
INSTALL NEW LUMINAIRES
To do this, it is not necessary to lay an electric cable! Do it easier: purchase and install beautiful solar-powered garden lights, and you can change the lighting scenario of the site as you wish, each time arranging them in a new way. What is especially nice, “solar” lamps are quite inexpensive.
GIFT THE GARDEN "THINGS WHICH EVERYBODY IS SPEAKING ABOUT"
A noticeable, bright, unusual, characteristic accessory that will immediately attract universal attention and really will become a topic of conversation. Naturally, such art objects are not sold in every store. It is best if it is a truly unique handmade accessory. The idea is completely up to you: it can be anything, but, of course, fits into the context of your garden. For example, an unusual sculpture, an original design for vertical gardening or a creative panel for the facade of a gazebo.